View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

* falls off chair and gets a bruise *

Well, this document is not for the light hearted. Not at all. So, if you don't have a stomach for this kind of thing, please leave now... or forever hold thy peace. This is not the reason why she is such an adorable lady. Caution - you may be a changed person after you read this, ya hear?? Changggggged....
Again, this translation is rated R for mature audiences only. So,

he who asks shall receive. Original URL: De quoi parle J'en ai marre?

What does “I’m fed up” talk about?

One could think that Alizée’s new song is a string of words that are only there for a rhyme. But, if we dig further into this text, we become aware of a lot of things! Not too good for a song that mostly little kids listen to…

Alizée’s new song, the 1st in the album “My Electric Currents”, is again written and composed by Mylène Farmer an Laurent Boutonnat ! We’ve gotten used to “hot and sexy” texts from Mylène Farmer (“Given that they are sweet” that speaks about sodomy) but we could have believed that for Alizée, she would have been a little “lighter” given the target audience… That’s false because while analyzing the text that, on the surface, appears to talk about nothing, we see that “I’m fed up” is nothing but a song of praise to female masturbation. Here’s the analysis.

I’ve got soft skin > The softness of the lips inside girls
In my bubble bath > the bubble bath represents pubic hairs
I splash > reference to female ejaculation
I laugh about it > something that a lot of people do before an orgasm
My goldfish > The little girl’s clitoris. The goldfish has been used frequently as a metaphor for a clitoris (ex, the song You You my You of Elli Medeiros)
In my bubble bath, I muffle him up > I think it’s clear enough: she touches it.

I haven’t got any problems
I lazy around
No pains
I lazy around > Alizée is referring to the nearby environment, the relational framework – family or friendship, even emotional – to the benefit of her satisfaction, of her well-being and his rest…
I bathe myself in water > Natural vaginal lubrication
Its what’s important > Important in order that there be no irritation when she sticks her fingers inside and for more pleasure…
At ease with myself, in the airs of time

I’ve got soft skin
In my bubble bath
I laze under the shadow > I laze = I am feeling good
Of bombs > Bombs can symbolize the brutality of men (which will be more developed later)
All is pleasurable > Masturbation is a pleasure
Of peaceful nights > that we practice more often at night
I make a list of things
That irritate me > we will begin to talk about men : what irritate her and tempt her to masturbate

{Refrain : }
I’m fed up of those who cry > those who ejaculate too fast
Who move at only 2 kph > those who go too slowly
Those who lament and fix upon
The idea of a fixed idea > those who think like what we say with their sex
I’m fed up with those who moan > animal-like men who make moans of pleasure
Of worthless terrorists > an extremity with 2 balls, does that tell ya something? Um, yes, a penis with its 2 balls…
Who see life all in black
That give me the blues > all these men can’t get her to orgasm therefore, the frustration
I’m fed up of the big sister
That groans about everything and who cries > reference to Mylène whom she considers to be her sister
Fed up of the rain, the courgettes
That make me vomit under the bedsheets > we asked ourselves quite often what this sentence means! The rain of the courgettes can mean the ejaculation of sperm into her mouth that she doesn’t like…
I’m fed up of these cynics
And in the meadows, the crocus > She talks about the sexual obsessions, which is where the word cynics comes from
I’m fed up of being fed up
Also… > She is fed up of all this so she satisfied herself alone.

I’ve got soft skin
In my bubble bath
No earthquakes > In this sense, there are no violent movements of the man thrusting in and out
I bask under
And refresh myself > The first benefits of masturbation
It’s my aquatic state
There’s kinda a problem > masturbation is not kindly looked upon

{to the refrain}

I can understand that this analysis will seem to be more like the deliriums of an obsessed fool than a serious analysis but in adding a provocative dance routine, exclamations of “oh yes” that mark the song, a not-so-neutral voice of the singer, the common practice that Mylène Farmer has of putting sexual texts in an ordinary song (ex. L’Ame-Stram-Gram) and her habit of talking about masturbation (ex. Eaunanisme). We can anyway see this play on words with “water” that represents the “onanism” (= masturbation), that says that Mylène associates having pleasure alone with water… the oh-so-present water in “I’m fed up”… That made it too much in the end. In addition, isn’t the most solid proof anything but the following: Could she possibly be referring to anything else while talking about courgettes and crocuses?

I leave these reflections to you and ask you whether or not it is normal to allow a female singer to get child fans all the while having this kind of attitude? … Good question…

Last edited by garçoncanadien; 02-06-2007 at 02:00 PM..