Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

lefty12357 thats what people need from future doctors

HelixSix I am aware of that so are the other mods, what the mods want is a lot less of yelling at each other and swearing at each other, just because you don't accept the other person's opinion. No this website is not a dictatorship, If I was angry and my mood was temporarily unstable, I would think its a dictatorship, buts thats false. We accept other opinions, what we don't accept is online fights. By the way, people who have started inflammatory threads in the past have been banned immediately and their posts deleted. You don't see them because their posts have been deleted and are only visible to mods

If Scruffydog777 gets more angry and attacking he will be banned and his posts deleted as well

Now guys, lets all be friends and have dinner together. Let there be peace! Anger hurts only one person - yourself. The person that you direct your anger at sleeps like a baby and laughs as he watches YOU suffer.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:44 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post

HelixSix I am aware of that so are the other mods, what the mods want is a lot less of yelling at each other and swearing at each other, just because you don't accept the other person's opinion. No this website is not a dictatorship, If I was angry and my mood was temporarily unstable, I would think its a dictatorship, buts thats false. We accept other opinions, what we don't accept is online fights. By the way, people who have started inflammatory threads in the past have been banned immediately and their posts deleted. You don't see them because their posts have been deleted and are only visible to mods

If Scruffydog777 gets more angry and attacking he will be banned and his posts deleted as well

Now guys, lets all be friends and have dinner together. Let there be peace! Anger hurts only one person - yourself. The person that you direct your anger at sleeps like a baby and laughs as he watches YOU suffer.
Thanks Garçoncanadien. I for the most part always ignore these types of threads.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 05-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Neiteio you are making the argument that "Bush sucks and should go to hell, he ruined America" carries just as much merit as somebody who says "Bush's actions might not have been what America needed during these times".

You are not accounting for the difference in tone, phrasing, and meaning that peoples comments on here carry. There is a right way to talk, and a wrong way. There is also a limit to how many times a person can say the same rude things before others will get absolutely tired of it.

You want to come down on Alizée, go for it. Everybody has a right to voice there opinion. But the next time you come down on her you should have something else to add to your opinion, not the same things.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:50 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

Thank you Garcon. And I'd like to add something.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that we're all fans, and we try to help in the ways we can. I wrote a glowing review of the new album for the college paper, one with a circulation of 18,000+ people. I did my part to get the word out about Alizée, and some people discovered her music as a result. I love Alizée and her music, and I don't think it makes me less of a supporter to point out that the image/stagecraft side of things is weak at the moment. To suggest otherwise is a bit baffling given how much I love her work.

Just keep that in mind. Fans don't have to love everything Alizée does.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:57 PM
You must recover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
Neiteio you are making the argument that "Bush sucks and should go to hell, he ruined America" carries just as much merit as somebody who says "Bush's actions might not have been what America needed during these times".

You are not accounting for the difference in tone, phrasing, and meaning that peoples comments on here carry. There is a right way to talk, and a wrong way. There is also a limit to how many times a person can say the same rude things before others will get absolutely tired of it.

You want to come down on Alizée, go for it. Everybody has a right to voice there opinion. But the next time you come down on her you should have something else to add to your opinion, not the same things.
The key thing is, I did have something to say with each problem I cited. Feel free to prove otherwise. Also, I'm not coming down on Alizée. I've constantly said I know she's capable of doing better, and I'm pointing out where she needs to do better, why she needs to do better, and more often than not HOW she can do better. And many, many other people here have said similar things.

You just gotta accept other people's perspectives and stop trying to be the Thought Police. I'm fine with the fact you think Lili is without flaw and can't improve. I think she can do better and she should for the sake of her career.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio View Post
You just gotta accept other people's perspectives and stop trying to be the Thought Police. I'm fine with the fact you think Lili is without flaw and can't improve. I think she can do better and she should for the sake of her career.
I'm not the Thought Police, I just know there is a difference between being civil and being rude. So keep on defending yourself and scruffy and see how long the mods let you do that.

The thing I cannot stand is when people go out of their way to slander me. I don't know how many times I've said that I respect Alizée for her decision to try to be successful with her own image and her own music - how that has anything to do with me thinking she is without flaw or can't improve is a mystery to me, especially since I've never said or implied such a thing.

Call me the Thought Police all you want, but to make up false views of Alizée and say they belong to me is just wrong in every way.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:31 PM
You must recover!

I apologize if I misunderstood your views on Lili's room for improvement. However, I never said anything uncivil, so please stop saying I have. I honestly don't think Scruffy did either; he said what he felt and if people are offended by his opinion that's their problem.

The thing is, the people defending Alizée are the ones who have been uncivil. They've called people with different opinions "haters" and told them to "fuck off" (someone in this thread did, I can't recall who but they were quoted previously). The fact that certain fans are raising a ruckus over dissenting opinions is an offense in its own right.

Again, Helix, if you don't like Scruffy's opinions -- ignore them. The rest of us will discuss what's going wrong in peace.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I'm sure we all have our own voices inside to point out where she needs to improve for our own personal tastes.

In the end, its our job to remain as a collective support in order to lead her where she finds peace and happiness with her work, her style, yet enough to satisfy the musical taste of the overall crowd.

She's good, creative and talented, but everyone can always make room for improvement, no matter how flawless they may be, and that's being a human, and 'tis an amazing idea to think of .
Old 05-19-2008, 11:35 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

go look back and read some of your posts helix. in a way you were slandering everyone who were "critical" or "bashing" as you put it grouping them as "haters" that need to leave the forum. you go around following scruffy and you make personal attack towards him. and singling out people to get them banned? just look at what you're doing. why can't you just move on and ignore it? there are hundreds of people here that read things that they don't agree with but do you see everyone getting all worked up over it? whether you like it or not, there has been a lot of this "alizee needs to improve" feeling around the community, both here and at AF and the french forums. just don't go around putting labels on people and maybe they won't do it to you. we don't need someone telling us how to be fans.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road