Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-17-2008, 06:07 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdc300z View Post
I thought the topic was Why the US does not take a liking to artists outiside of the US...? Ready to tell us where you are from?
so the question was why US doesn't like european singers? Hmm you're probably right, strange this went for a bit long before anyone corrected me, so I simply misunderstood the topic, it happpens, sorry. I am from Romania btw.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
She was a teen pop star, you know. Her 18th birthday concert was in 1994. Where did you find the vinyl/cassette BTW?
Ooohh, I thought she was from 1960 or something...
I found them some time ago on eMule I think.

-edit-
Geee, was I wrong! I just looked up her website and she's indeed from 1976.
I already thought; Well, well, did she dried up in a nice way.

Last edited by Just a Guest; 02-17-2008 at 06:55 PM..
Old 02-17-2008, 06:15 PM

SpanishAlizee is on a distinguished road

For example, this Spanish actress, Paz Vega, reminds me Alizée to much

What is your opinion?

She is now in US, in Hollywood

http://www.paz-vega.com
Old 02-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Ha Ha, this thread has gotten weird... The question was why do European artists such as Alizée not like the US. I think it is evident from Alizée's interviews that she likes many things about the US, but is frightened about getting embroiled in the American music market. As I said before, I think some of her concerns are unfounded, but some are not.

By the way, I try not to say too much about countries that I have not visited. I think you will find that when you meet the people in any country, you will see that most of them want the same basic things; a way to make a decent living, food, clothing, shelter, medical care, and a clean and safe environment in which to live and raise their kids.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:30 PM

kdc300z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
By the way, I try not to say too much about countries that I have not visited. I think you will find that when you meet the people in any country, you will see that most of them want the same basic things; a way to make a decent living, food, clothing, shelter, medical care, and a clean and safe environment in which to live and raise their kids.
And with that being said...close it down. Lefty said what we all want.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:32 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Ha Ha, this thread has gotten weird... The question was why do European artists such as Alizée not like the US. I think it is evident from Alizée's interviews that she likes many things about the US, but is frightened about getting embroiled in the American music market. As I said before, I think some of her concerns are unfounded, but some are not.
I'm confused, if you say so why then the topic creator mentioned Alizee has a lot of quality? You know I think the topic is tricky. I believe the topic was about why americans don't like Alizee indeed.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:47 PM

SpanishAlizee is on a distinguished road

Not, the topic is why the European artists/bands do not like in US, not Alizée specifically

And the second...why the Americans doesn't like to listen songs in another language than English?

Last edited by SpanishAlizee; 02-17-2008 at 06:51 PM..
Old 02-17-2008, 07:04 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishAlizee View Post
Not, the topic is why the European artists/bands do not like in US, not Alizée specifically
ok, so if she is not driven by stereotypes why do you think she doesn't like in US? Are you talking about her career or personal attitude? If career then maybe she feels she will have no populairty in US and it is very far. Can you name a european especially french singer that expanded over the atlantic? There is also a probability that Alizee doesn't want it in the first place because it will make her life even more complex.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:17 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

There was probably a bit of translation error and he probably meant "are not liked" here. She has stated before that she does, in fact, like a lot about the US. Hell, she got married here. However, she also said she doesn't like "sharks and snakes" and the American mainstream music business is full of them.

This is not a market that imports music at all. There are a handful of British and Scottish singers that have a hit single or two here, but they're often forgotten very quickly.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:28 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
There was probably a bit of translation error and he probably meant "are not liked" here. She has stated before that she does, in fact, like a lot about the US. Hell, she got married here. However, she also said she doesn't like "sharks and snakes" and the American mainstream music business is full of them.

This is not a market that imports music at all. There are a handful of British and Scottish singers that have a hit single or two here, but they're often forgotten very quickly.
Yeah, funny, I totally interpolated the meaning of his question (since I knew he was Spanish and "no les gustan" is in the opposite order than in English), but I guess Mihail didn't. Anyway, there are plenty of other threads that deal with SpanishAlizee's two questions in great detail.

BTW, regarding Paz Vega, I'd say 1. she speaks English, 2. it's more reasonable to subtitle movies than songs, 3. the American market tends to watch more foreign films than they listen to foreign music (presumably to some extent because of 2.).