Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-20-2011, 03:25 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I figured as much, considering that the url of the picture had little possibility of having any relation to you.

Damn shame though. We could've been sharing some awesome cosmic connection right now so strong that we would actually morph into one bi-conscious being and rule the world with our megazord.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:35 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Aw, now I'm extra disappointed. Speaking of Megazord, I gotta go post in the nostalgia thread…
Old 05-20-2011, 05:13 AM
Alizée Cake Bandit!

Nubcake is on a distinguished road

I only read the first page, well skimmed it, and this last page.. and I say what the fuck, also the picture of you holding the plate scared me and i'm trying to go the bed, thinking your rummaging through my cabinets on the hunt to steal plates or something.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:35 AM
Recline yourself

Please take solace in the fact that I wouldn't dare steal plates. If I were in your home, I would want to do stuff that would be funnier for me than mere plates.

Rest easy, dear sir, in knowing that I would rather sneak into your room, spoon with you in bed whilst playing with your hair with my finger and while you're petrified with fear and manage to irk out "get your finger out of my hair" I'll lean closer and whisper sensually into your ear "that's not my finger", do an impression of my best troll face, and jump out your window still holding the troll face à la troll dad.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:02 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default The quality of Merci

Jalen, are you trying to get an infraction for harassing/stalking/totally-creeping-out other members here?

Anyway, MerciAlizee was so upset by all the uproar that he went and committed forum hara-kiri. He removed Helix's infractions, then deleted his own account.

And I'm not happy about that. Personally, I think we need him back, as he was one of the most conscientious mods we've ever had here. (And an amazing source of all kinds of information...) Lefty's now got even more work to do now, and as he's stated before, he'd just as soon shut down controversial threads sooner, rather than later, because singlehandedly, he just can't have the time to monitor every single stupid thing one of us says. (I don't disagree with Lefty at all on that policy, either, but do we really want to be leaving him all-but-alone in that position? Or would we rather have more mods around to assure more freedom for all of us?)

Mainly, I mean this: if anyone else here agrees that we wish MA would come back, then say so here-below. I've been trying to convince him, but it looks like it'll take more people than just me to change his mind. (He's reachable through FB at least, so if anyone needs a link to him there, just PM me, as I don't know if he'd want it on public record.)

I'm almost considering starting a poll to see how we feel about losing him, but I'm fairly sure the results would be that we overwhelmingly DO want him back. Am I right, brothers and sisters? Or not?
Old 05-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Jalen, are you trying to get an infraction for harassing/stalking/totally-creeping-out other members here?

Anyway, MerciAlizee was so upset by all the uproar that he went and committed forum hara-kiri. He removed Helix's infractions, then deleted his own account.

And I'm not happy about that. Personally, I think we need him back, as he was one of the most conscientious mods we've ever had here. (And an amazing source of all kinds of information...) Lefty's now got even more work to do now, and as he's stated before, he'd just as soon shut down controversial threads sooner, rather than later, because singlehandedly, he just can't have the time to monitor every single stupid thing one of us says. (I don't disagree with Lefty at all on that policy, either, but do we really want to be leaving him all-but-alone in that position? Or would we rather have more mods around to assure more freedom for all of us?)

Mainly, I mean this: if anyone else here agrees that we wish MA would come back, then say so here-below. I've been trying to convince him, but it looks like it'll take more people than just me to change his mind. (He's reachable through FB at least, so if anyone needs a link to him there, just PM me, as I don't know if he'd want it on public record.)

I'm almost considering starting a poll to see how we feel about losing him, but I'm fairly sure the results would be that we overwhelmingly DO want him back. Am I right, brothers and sisters? Or not?
We dont always see eye to eye Merci and I but I agree with chuck... Merci needs to come back, he was a great guy!
And also Jalen you have to stop, you are spamming this forum non stop and have been for months now; you're not funny nor cute but annoying and immature!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 05-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Lefty's now got even more work to do now, and as he's stated before, he'd just as soon shut down controversial threads sooner, rather than later, because singlehandedly, he just can't have the time to monitor every single stupid thing one of us says. (I don't disagree with Lefty at all on that policy, either, but do we really want to be leaving him all-but-alone in that position? Or would we rather have more mods around to assure more freedom for all of us?)
I think more mods equals less freedom.

Lefty shouldn't have to monitor everything we do. I don't think he or any other mod should have to worry about much unless users start filing complaints. Then the issues can be looked at.

We aren't kids here. We can self moderate ourselves...or should at least be given a chance to. That way threads can reach conclusions instead of being cut off with nothing resolved. This thread has made real progress in my opinion because it was left alone.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
We aren't kids here. We can self moderate ourselves...or should at least be given a chance to. That way threads can reach conclusions instead of being cut off with nothing resolved. This thread has made real progress in my opinion because it was left alone.
What's this? Somebody who also agrees that people (at least here) are smart enough to know (generally) right from wrong, and to take care of ourselves as actual contributing members of a society rather than have our hands held by higher authority?

Helix I just might drive up there and give you a big smooch.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Alizée Cake Bandit!

Nubcake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post

Helix I just might drive up there and give you a big smooch.
Don't allow this to happen, I swear he just wants to steal your plates and spoon with you!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

MA is an honorable man of integrity doing a thankless job for no reward other than the reward of knowing that he has tried to do the right thing to the best of his ability. He has made it possible to keep this site alive. I have the utmost respect for him. I can't say the same for people who have intentionally made his job more difficult.