Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Well, I suppose how friendly can you expect a match to be against a French side when France are in Ireland's group.

Both sides had something to prove, so both sides went out with all guns blazing.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:11 PM

Piblokto is on a distinguished road

Seriously I don't know what this Tewhata had on his mind, but I'm sure that there was no "machiavelic" intention in what he did. Only a bit of overheating I guess.
I hope so...
Old 08-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Le fan irlandais

This is a little bit of blind hope on my part, but I was thinking that the dates were fitting, and the event would be perfect if Alizée was to debut/perform her new single at the RWC Opening Ceremony. I know it's seems far-fetched but think about it. Many people from all around the world would be watching, what better way to spread the fan base to new international levels. I mean Shakira performed her single at the Soccer World Cup, so it wouldn't be too unimaginable, plus it's in France.

Or maybe the closing ceremony after the cup presentation, which will have even more viewers, and which (according to some random holiday site) will have "colourful music presentations".

Could this be the reason we are waiting for a September release, i hope so (But I am pretty cetain it's not )

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.

Last edited by Killian; 08-21-2007 at 05:01 PM..
Old 08-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

It would be awsome. If it does happen I hope someone records it so I and others that have cable providers not offering the RWC get to see it.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:08 PM

Piblokto is on a distinguished road

The WC is a bit too soon but I'm certain that we'll see Alizée in a stadium someday : we just have to wait for her next tour...
Old 08-22-2007, 08:26 PM

Killian, what do you think about Sylvain Marconnet not being able to play for France? Do you think it will hurt them? Also, how do you think his replacement Nicolas Mas will do?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:26 AM
Le fan irlandais

It will definitely affect them. Maconnet is a highly experienced player, who has 71 caps for his country. This experience is what you need at the World Cup, someone who knows the ins and outs of international rugby and knows what to expect from a World Cup.

His replacement ,Mas, has only seven caps at International level, and in my opinion, doesn't have the experience to hold a scrum against the world's best props. There is also the problem of having to bring in a player who wasn't selected in the original squad as a substitution and this will also hurt France.

A major effect this will all have is a loss of confidence, which is the last thing that France want.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
It will definitely affect them. Maconnet is a highly experienced player, who has 71 caps for his country. This experience is what you need at the World Cup, someone who knows the ins and outs of international rugby and knows what to expect from a World Cup.

His replacement ,Mas, has only seven caps at International level, and in my opinion, doesn't have the experience to hold a scrum against the world's best props. There is also the problem of having to bring in a player who wasn't selected in the original squad as a substitution and this will also hurt France.

A major effect this will all have is a loss of confidence, which is the last thing that France want.
I figured it wasn't a good thing. I am hoping that they can still do good, and prove me and you wrong. Why would they pick Mas who only has 7 caps compared to to Marconnet's 71? That is a big difference.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Le fan irlandais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
I figured it wasn't a good thing. I am hoping that they can still do good, and prove me and you wrong. Why would they pick Mas who only has 7 caps compared to to Marconnet's 71? That is a big difference.
Marconnet is injured, so Mas wasn't chosen over him, he replaced him.

An Argentinian player, Martin Gaitan, is even worse off. He had a heart attack after the Welsh game, and is not only out of the World Cup, but may never play again. It's sad to see things like that happen. Rugby is his livelihood.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:14 PM

I heard about Marconnet's injury. I was just wondering why they didn't replace him with someone a little closer to Marconnet's stats.

That is bad about Gaitan. It is sad when an athlete's career comes to an unexpected and early end. Athletes love what they do, and for some if not all when they are unable to continue to enjoy their passion it is like telling someone they can't breathe. I hate when stuff like this happen's to people. I hope he recovers and is able to play again.