Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-22-2007, 05:48 PM

Runner Simon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Tha's bullshit reallly.

Finns loves and hates swedish jhust like the swedish loves and hates finns.

We do make fun iof them but it's because they are teh closest to us. Helll, we have even city that locates on both country ! (it's on border)

But also both country feeels they mus tbe better than the other so we alwyays compete. '

I do hate swedish language tho since i'ts useless but you hvae to study it in finland. You will never need it but you have to wastee big part of your life to learn it. Wel li Never learned it.. . no mater how hard they tried. i just odn't care the language so i did not wnat to lerna it.
Do you have to lern Swedish in finish school? That's insane! :P
Old 09-22-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
There are some interesting pockets of Swedish culture in the US. For instance, Lindsborg, Kansas, a little town of about 3000. They have a Swedish Country Inn with a sauna and a smorgasbord breakfast, and these fun double bikes. I heard that they at some point taught Swedish in the schools, but I don't know if it's still the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsborg,_Kansas

http://www.lindsborg.org/
Dubbel bikes xD
Tandämcykel it is. (If I spelled that right hehe...)
Old 09-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Senior Alizée Fan

SwedishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Tha's bullshit reallly.

Finns loves and hates swedish jhust like the swedish loves and hates finns.

We do make fun iof them but it's because they are teh closest to us. Helll, we have even city that locates on both country ! (it's on border)

But also both country feeels they mus tbe better than the other so we alwyays compete. '

I do hate swedish language tho since i'ts useless but you hvae to study it in finland. You will never need it but you have to wastee big part of your life to learn it. Wel li Never learned it.. . no mater how hard they tried. i just odn't care the language so i did not wnat to lerna it.

Well i care about the Finnish language just as much as you care about the Swedish language,not that much,it really doesn´t matter to me since i live in the south part of Sweden.Competition ???huh?.Sweden is better,we have more Lili fans here ,just kidding,nice to have you as a neighbor though RMJ...Ei saa peitää.

Always a fan,,no matter what...BTW thanks Marik...
Old 09-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishFan View Post
Really glad that you enjoyed your stay here Ed,since i live in Malmö i´m especially glad that you liked our city.Semi-nude beach,by that you mean topless right??.Can´t girls do that in the US??.Just wondering....The important thing is that you enjoyed your stay here,and you´re welcome back anytime...
Yeah, I had never been to a "topless" beach before. I was walking around looking at more bare breasts than i had ever seen before. I bet my IQ dropped into the low 40's that day!

Had a wonderfull time in Malmo. Attractive city, nice peeps!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 09-22-2007, 06:26 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Simon View Post
Dubbel bikes xD
Tandämcykel it is. (If I spelled that right hehe...)
Right, tandem bicycles, that's the word I was looking for. Are those quite common in Sweden? I'm not sure they're really all that common in the US.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Right, tandem bicycles, that's the word I was looking for. Are those quite common in Sweden? I'm not sure they're really all that common in the US.
Oh, hmn. They are really rare this days but back in the 90:ies or might even 80:ies before I was born. They could be seen everywere Though nowadays I think Skåne (Most south part of sweden) has most of em'

Here's a pic for you who doesnt know what we are talking about

Last edited by Runner Simon; 09-22-2007 at 06:41 PM..
Old 09-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Senior Alizée Fan

SwedishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Yeah, I had never been to a "topless" beach before. I was walking around looking at more bare breasts than i had ever seen before. I bet my IQ dropped into the low 40's that day!

Had a wonderfull time in Malmo. Attractive city, nice peeps!

Ed
Hi Ed,,sorry to disapoint you but it´s not really like that anymore,those were the 80´s,the ´´happy´´ 80´s.I guess that people have become more ´´protectant´´ of themselfves,but it still excists,you can walk around naked on the beach if you want to,but people just dont do that(there are special beaches just for that),it´s not prohibited by law or anything.My point in all of this is that we are kinda free to do as we please over here.Please correct me if i´m wrong,you do not have that kind of freedom,,, right??

Always a fan,,no matter what...BTW thanks Marik...
Old 09-22-2007, 07:10 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishFan View Post
Hi Ed,,sorry to disapoint you but it´s not really like that anymore,those were the 80´s,the ´´happy´´ 80´s.I guess that people have become more ´´protectant´´ of themselfves,but it still excists,you can walk around naked on the beach if you want to,but people just dont do that(there are special beaches just for that),it´s not prohibited by law or anything.My point in all of this is that we are kinda free to do as we please over here.Please correct me if i´m wrong,you do not have that kind of freedom,,, right??
One of the benefits of a single culture is everyone is more apt to live by the same rules. The USA is a melting pot (many cultures). Sometimes, the various sub-cultures are not as considerate of other sub-cultures as they could be. Unfortunately, this means that a more rigidly defined set of rules sometimes becomes necessary.

EDIT: Note to Deep. I was speaking more generally (not just why we have a limited number of nude beaches), trying to explain some differences between cultures and why.

Last edited by Rev; 09-22-2007 at 07:57 PM..
Old 09-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
One of the benefits of a single culture is everyone is more apt to live by the same rules. The USA is a melting pot (many cultures). Sometimes, the various sub-cultures are not as considerate of other sub-cultures as they could be. Unfortunately, this means that a more rigidly defined set of rules sometimes becomes necessary.
Yeah, and then we all ignore them.

There are places in the U.S. where it's legal to go nude (plus inside your own home, of course), but in most places, including most public beaches, it's a minor legal offense. I don't think it's a matter of being multicultural so much as being a former British colony. Same holds true in Canada and Australia if I'm not mistaken, and of course in Great Britain.

See, that's the world's trouble in a nutshell (getting back on topic), the Swedes let the Brits beat them in the naval competition and become the dominant power for centuries. Now if America had been colonized by the Swedes, we'd speak Swedish instead of English and our hoity-toities would trace their ancestry back to some longboat instead of the Mayflower. And we'd probably have nude beaches, too.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 09-22-2007, 07:55 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
ABBA ....
Dammit Rocket...now I have the urge to go YouTube Abba.

Why did you bring up ABBA? Not particularly your age music.