Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2007, 08:13 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Wink Just back from Paris

I just got back from 2 great days in Paris. The weather was great (compared to Boston), mid 40s, occassional shower. I wore a light jacket and short sleeved shirt during the day. I went by the Megastore around 3pm (autograph session was due to start at 6), there was no line then but a lot of people milling around. Came back at 4 and the line started forming and started growing fast. Seemed more of a business crowd, probably people just getting out of work. Not that many teenagers.
It did seem a little bit like a cattle drive, like boarding an airplane. But it was well worth it. She looked gorgeous. Got a few good pictures. There was one of her security staff that was standing between her and my vantage point that prevented me from getting more. I had hoped to take a short video when I was up at the table, but they weren't allowing pictures or videos to be taken from there. She was very gracious, charming, polite in that short interval I got to see her. I had given her an autograph book with a short note in it for her that a co worker had helped me write where I thanked her for all the enjoyment she brought into our lives and I asked her if she went on tour again to please consider coming to America. She said thank you and kind of shook her head as if she wasn't sure about the coming to this country part.
I had seen Alizee's video, J'ai pas vingt ans, the one that was filmed by the Eiffel tower that's on this website. They were supposed to be having some type of relighting ceremony for the tower back then. I had wondered what it was all about. Well that night, after the autograph session, I went on a little walking tour of Paris. My hotel was near the George V metro station which is kind of midway between the tower and the Arc de triumph, but I had not yet seen the tower at that point. I could see from about a block and a half away a street that had trees that lined it covered in red lights. A very pretty site. I walked down to that street to get a better view and when I turned the corner, I was I guess the best way to describe it is stunned. In between and above all these trees adorned with red Christmas lights was the Eiffel tower and all up and down the tower were these bright white flashing lights. It really was a spectacular site. I later found out that they turn these flashing lights on at the top of the hour for 10 minutes. I didn't have my camera at the time. I went back on my last night to film it but they didn't have the red tree lights on this night so I'll try and post a video of it probably tomorrow if anyone is interestd. I'm not sure exactly how they came out yet. Still haven't unpacked.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-05-2007 at 08:55 PM..