Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
you mean this one....

that's the PTR-91 (G3 clone)

Quote:
besides I have the armchair avatar now
What is the difference between a G3 and a PTR-91? Or is it like the same thing as an AR-15 and a M-16?

My friend shot me with a bird shot round because I pepper sprayed him in his glass eye like 3 weeks ago.(That hurt)

There was a giant old wooden cabinet that had a glass top shelf, I could sell it so I decided to smash it with a sledgehammer.

I forgot about the glass shelf and smashed it the glass fellow and sliced my arm and I needed 14 stitches.
sorry to hear that hope you feel better! 14 is a lot, the most I ever needed was 6 on my upper eyebrow ( I still cant grow a tinny piece of my eyebrow)

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 08-11-2009 at 12:58 AM..
Old 08-11-2009, 06:51 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
What is the difference between a G3 and a PTR-91? Or is it like the same thing as an AR-15 and a M-16?
PTR91 is just the company that makes this version they bought out JLD recently who has actual HK equipment actually a bit of a neat story how they came to get the equipment

PTR91's are often considered the best of the G3 clones some even say better than better than the actual HK91 (semi auto G3 ) they have a heavier barrel and many of the other parts are made from demilitarized G3s

and beings you can't get a new HK91 in the states anymore the PTR91 is about the only option unless you want a POS Cetme (actually what the G3 waw based on)

Old 08-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Nice carbine there jung, have u test fired it yet? Does it shoot true?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

so jung, you seem to be a weapons guy.. have you ever used the XM8? it was supposed to replace the M4 and M16s, though I believe that project got cancelled.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:31 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj View Post
Nice carbine there jung, have u test fired it yet? Does it shoot true?
I've put 20 rounds through it and it has a pretty decent grouping so far I've only fired it from a cool barrel so far though so we'll see how it does once I finish breaking that in give a few more cool shots then we'll see how she fires hot and follow up shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
so jung, you seem to be a weapons guy.. have you ever used the XM8? it was supposed to replace the M4 and M16s, though I believe that project got cancelled.
I have not fired or even held an XM8 as of yet from what I know it should be a fine riffle. It pretty much uses the same action as the HK G-36 so it would be more reliable than the AR platform as it doesn't use the gas from the propellant to cycle the action. They were supposedly as accurate as an AR too which is quite good. The nicest part would've been that they were lighter than even the AR which is quite light to start with. the XM8 in the last variation I know of weighed in at about 6.5 pounds and my AR without the scope or any sites and no gadgets what so ever weighed in about the same but with everything one would need to make it have similar functions it would weigh closer to 8.5-9 pounds. All in all if I got a chance to shoot one or even buy one at a decent price (which is unlikely) I would. Specially beings the G-36 carbine is near impossible to find anyway along with almost all HK semi autos in the US

Old 08-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Mancandy

The Gate Keeper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
sorry to hear that hope you feel better! 14 is a lot, the most I ever needed was 6 on my upper eyebrow ( I still cant grow a tinny piece of my eyebrow)
Yeah but scars are manly and now I can make up so riculas story about saving an orphan from a shark trapped in a burning building.

Ladies will love me.

Guns I love guns although I dont own any myself. While I was staying with relatives last week I fired a pretty powerful hands gun I cant remember the name of it but that thing had so kick.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Isn't there a weapons or firearms thread? Not trying to burst bubbles with words but this isn't exactly the right place for this.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:33 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Isn't there a weapons or firearms thread? Not trying to burst bubbles with words but this isn't exactly the right place for this.
you mean this one? http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3644

should probably be renamed then

Old 08-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

I have not fired or even held an XM8 as of yet from what I know it should be a fine riffle. It pretty much uses the same action as the HK G-36 so it would be more reliable than the AR platform as it doesn't use the gas from the propellant to cycle the action. They were supposedly as accurate as an AR too which is quite good. The nicest part would've been that they were lighter than even the AR which is quite light to start with. the XM8 in the last variation I know of weighed in at about 6.5 pounds and my AR without the scope or any sites and no gadgets what so ever weighed in about the same but with everything one would need to make it have similar functions it would weigh closer to 8.5-9 pounds. All in all if I got a chance to shoot one or even buy one at a decent price (which is unlikely) I would. Specially beings the G-36 carbine is near impossible to find anyway along with almost all HK semi autos in the US

what im most pleased with is how its much lighter!! im sorry, i know that my M16 is my life.. but honestly, during ruck marches, i just wanna throw that crap away!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:42 AM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

I am in Bar Harbor Maine if anyone is here we can arrange something.