Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-05-2007, 02:35 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Alright, with only three days left until the World Cup, a little bit of shameless plugging is needed.
For anyone, particularly the ladies, who needed an excuse to watch a few matches (Irish matches, to be precise), I felt this video would epitomise the commitment of the Irish players, especially one Donncha O'Callaghan. When playing for Munster (recently beat the USA Eagles ), on a very cold winter's day, his pants were damaged and well....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rCOx24TsBPI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rCOx24TsBPI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:17 AM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

Well time to become patriotic again. As WORLD CHAMPIONS you would expect us to be under intense pressure to retain the trophy. However with our bad form at the minute no one expects anything from us. So we will be going in with no expectations, nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Watch us gain a little momentum as we beat the US and then watch that momentum build up as we retain the trophy
Old 09-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

I saw a couple of matches where France beat England a few days back. Are the French any good? Also, do you think Alizee is going to take any sort of interest in the World Cup since it is also in France?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Le fan irlandais

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
Well time to become patriotic again. As WORLD CHAMPIONS you would expect us to be under intense pressure to retain the trophy. However with our bad form at the minute no one expects anything from us. So we will be going in with no expectations, nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Watch us gain a little momentum as we beat the US and then watch that momentum build up as we retain the trophy

'Twas a fun day

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya8617 View Post
I saw a couple of matches where France beat England a few days back. Are the French any good? Also, do you think Alizee is going to take any sort of interest in the World Cup since it is also in France?
If you were to rank teams by likelihood to win France would be in the top three. They are a very passionate side, with a lot of flair, someone to watch.

I hope Alizée watches a few French games, that way when I'm watching them, i'll know we are doing the same thing

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

I think I may have found a way to watch the games. Even if I still am not be able to watch it, though, I am going to keep up with it.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Le fan irlandais

*SPOILER*

Alright, so France had a nightmare of a start, I'm a little shocked to be honest, so I'll just quote the RWC website.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/fi...+opening+match

Quote:
Argentina stun France in opening match

PARIS, 7 September - Argentina caused a huge upset in the opening match of the IRB Rugby World Cup by beating France 17-12 at the Stade de France on Friday, handing the host nation their first ever defeat in the pool stages.

Felipe Contepomi missed a penalty at the death, giving France an opportunity to launch one last attack, but it came to nothing and referee Tony Spreadbury blew for fulltime, sparking wild celebrations among the Argentine players.

Argentina had lost in their two previous appearances in the world cup opening match, but their resolute defence early in the second half against an improved French outfit proved decisive as they repelled drive after drive before Christophe Dominici was penalised for holding on and the Pumas were able to clear their lines.

Skrela missed a straightforward penalty for France, but made amends just before the hour mark with another to reduce the deficit to 17-12 before limping off to be replaced by Frederic Michalak.

France continued to look threatening in attack, but the ball went loose and the Pumas hacked it up field, full back Ignacio Corleto chasing and recovering the ball, but Felipe Contepomi couldn't take his low pass for what would have been a potentially match-winning try.

The Pumas defence continued to hold firm, but it could have been a different story had Michalak not skewed his first penalty attempt with nine minutes to go, a miss that, together with Skrela's, ultimately proved costly for Les Bleus.

Corleto had earlier scored the only try of the Pool D opener to give the Pumas a 17-9 half-time lead. A try for France had seemed on the cards when Damien Traille broke through the Pumas defence and fed Remy Martin, but the flanker's pass found Argentine wing Horacio Agulla. He found Manuel Contepomi, who released Corleto to run to the corner.

Felipe Contepomi's conversion hit the post, but Argentina led 14-3 after 27 minutes with the fly half having also kicked three penalties. It could have been worse for France with the Pumas missing three drop goal attempts, two by Juan Martin Hernandez and one by Felipe Contepomi.

France fly half David Skrela kicked three penalties for France, his third being the final act of the first 40 minutes and cutting the deficit to eight points after a fourth penalty by Felipe Contepomi had given Argentina a lead their performance

Old 09-07-2007, 06:30 PM
evil member!!

jeroh is on a distinguished road

argentina > france
Old 09-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
*SPOILER*

Alright, so France had a nightmare of a start, I'm a little shocked to be honest, so I'll just quote the RWC website.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/fi...+opening+match
I read this earlier today. I wasn't expecting this, and I am disappointed. How much will this effect France?
Old 09-07-2007, 09:44 PM

jesuisRusse is on a distinguished road

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTbkUMqtEyY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTbkUMqtEyY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

What year is this?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Lol talk about off topic.

Yeh I stayed up to watch this. France's display was quite embarrassing by their standards (2nd ranked in the world). Argentina are a good side but no one (but Jeroh maybe ) would have chosen the argentines over the french, especially under these circumstances - Host nation, opening game.

And Tye, I'm sure they'll bounce back - They've got themselves there a pretty easy pool.

Tu es l'envie du monde