Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
I think the point others were trying to make was precisely that she could do it without being trashy or inappropriate, and that nudity needn't always be so. Which I completely agree with, not that I think she will anyway.
I just can't picture her in nude even if she is not being "trasy or inappropriate", I just like her 'as is'. I think she has certain morals, values and belief system that she will not cross and not posing nude is one of them.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:57 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

It may or may not be degrading, but more than half of us wouldn't be here if she didn't do it so I'm not regretting anything, and neither should she.

Tu es l'envie du monde
Old 10-23-2007, 04:04 AM

Capn is on a distinguished road

I think you are all over thinking this she does not seem regretful to me. She doesn't look upset at all in any of her performances, she looks like shes having fun so why don't we not assume things based on nothing.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 AM
Old Geezer & Music Critic

AmericanFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
I don't personally have a "gay" bone in my body (pardon the pun...) but...
I didn't catch that until you wrote "pardon the pun" then I spit coffee all over my keyboard! And yes, some came out my nose!

Quote:
Just a last thought. I have absolutely ZERO interest in "nailing" her, or sleeping with her, or having sex with Alizée. Not because I don't feel an attraction to her - I think she is just GORGEOUS! But because i've gotten to a point in my journey, where that just isn't a necessary part of my makeup.
Ed
That could also be taken out of context. I'm tempted to go the comical route and suggest some of the newer prescription drugs on the market. You were on a roll until you failed to provide details of your reasoning. In any case, I'll let the opportunity pass.

Other than your choice of words in a few places, I agree with you completely!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:39 AM

Runner Simon is on a distinguished road

I think no it is not degrading more then some people do it. But still comprare to other "stars" I'd say it's really cool. Also the girl side of my friends thinks the moves is really cool and they just think it is impossible to do what she does ;P
Old 10-23-2007, 08:03 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
...where that just isn't a necessary part of my makeup.
Et d'un amour, sans maquillage.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

I don't find her dance degrading, really I don't and I am a woman so it would upset me if Alizee went too far. Alizee was just being a little flirty for a few seconds and it's not a big deal!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:03 AM

Calisto is on a distinguished road

I could easily right out multiple paragraphs on this subject, but pretty much everything I want to say has already been said.

So i'll just simply state that I do not believe it was degrading at all, it isn't a vulgar dance.. it is a sexy, yet beautiful dance. There is a pretty big line between sexy and vulgar and she comes no where near crossing it.

Last edited by Calisto; 10-23-2007 at 09:06 AM..
Old 10-23-2007, 09:26 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanFan View Post
You were on a roll until you failed to provide details of your reasoning. In any case, I'll let the opportunity pass.
Let me help explain. Go to an art museum. You will find beautiful works of art, many a tribute to the human body and form. What fills your being...your soul? Do you see sex....or do you see something deeper? Something that transcends our hormonal biological underpinnings. Indeed, something that is so strong it actually supresses the testosterone and delivers a more powerful, deeper, and moving thought. You are elevated to a different plane, beyond instinct...a plane perhaps only reserved for those beings capable of higher reasoning...capable of focusing on an essence beyond simple reproduction or survival.... focused on the essence of the art...the form....the simple, yet astonding, beauty of human.

Sex is superficial. A biological necessity. It can have deeper underpinnings, such as love. But, by itself, it is a genetically superficial act. Focus on sex, and you become blind to the deeper beauty the world has to offer.

We each have our own desires, views, and objectives. Personally, I prefer to approach Alizée like I would watching art. Living art. And not just visually, but in sound and spirit as well. The experience becomes richer. Deeper. I pity those who only see the sex, or where sex is the main driver in their participation. What they miss. What they cannot see...or hear. A deep...very deep appreaciation for beauty...and the art of human form.

So, when Ed said he "has no desire", I can comfortably say it is not due to any lack of desire in general. It's just there are other avenues to express that desire; Alizée isn't in the mix. Because to put her there will objectify the art to the point its soul is lost...and, in so doing, we lose the deep meaning of the art...the beauty of voice....the simple pleasure offered by dance and song...that fills our mind and spirit with joy and peace.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Sex is superficial. A biological necessity. It can have deeper underpinnings, such as love. But, by itself, it is a genetically superficial act. Focus on sex, and you become blind to the deeper beauty the world has to offer.
And here again, I must vehemently disagree. Here again, we see the separation of sexuality and spirituality, so that sex becomes a superficial biological necessity.

Sex IS its "deeper underpinnings." It is precisely the separation of sex from those deeper underpinnings that allows it, on the one hand, to be suppressed, denied, and condemned (or trivialized, as you have done here, OGRE), and on the other hand, to be engaged in without heart, without spirit, without soul.

The deeper beauty the world has to offer IS sexual. One finds parallels and analogues to sex in everything from particle physics to cosmology to mysticism to philosophy. The existence of the universe is lovemaking between Self and Other, and the biological sex act is a reflection of that cosmic reality.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 10-23-2007 at 11:50 AM..