Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-06-2007, 02:41 PM

Teo is on a distinguished road
Default Question about the "En Concert" DVD

Hi, I just discovered Alizèe a few months ago, and I also have became a fan. I have the two albums, as well as the DVD, which I love every bit of it (and most of all, the songs when she's wearing the yellow outfit ). I have a question about the DVD concert (or concerts), maybe someone of you can help me.

- I have read that the performance is from January 17, 2004 at Le Zenith in Paris. But I believe that the footage is from several shows, since Alizèe changes five different outfits and I believe one guitarist has a beard in on one song, and in the others no. Anyway, what I would like to know is which songs are from one or another concerts (for example, I believe that Moi...Lolita and C'est Trop Tard are from the same show, but I don't think that Gourmandises is from that concert in particular) and the dates and places of the concerts. I apprecciate your help.

Teodoro, from Mexico
Old 09-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

You're right about the DVD being from multiple concerts, but not because of the different outfits. She would actually wear all of those at every show.

Footage from the Paris Zenith and the Olympia shows make up the bulk of the DVD, though there are a few bits from other dates, and likely a rehearsal as well.

It's impossible to say where each song is from because within one number the show can change from shot to shot. The audio is also a mixed "best-of" from the whole tour, and may not even always be from the same time and place as the picture!

Last edited by Ben; 09-06-2007 at 03:00 PM..
Old 09-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

A prime example of the fact that different locations/tmes were used withen songs, is the way in which the guitar changes from a Les Paul to a Pacifica/Strat during CTT. I always found that quite funny.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:08 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

i think someone pointed out that her wedding ring is also missing for some of the performances.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:46 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Additionally, as far as I know, Le Zenith is the only one to have those funny giant fan-like things behind the stage. However, I'm not quite sure about that, now that I think about it.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:11 PM

Calisto is on a distinguished road

Wow, I feel like a noob now!

I've had to of watched that DVD at least 15 times, probably more and never noticed these things!

At least I have an excuse to watch it another 15 times now though.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:04 PM

kdc300z is on a distinguished road

I actually bought a Yamaha Pacifica because of this concert.. I like the Fender-esk sound to it... plus its not a fender... I was able to order an Orange one even though its not for the American market.. I love my local music shop for that! Alder body, Maple neck w/ rosewood board, Seymour Duncans, and basic trem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m_abeb72626ea9e25400f58b012cfc1a8d.jpg (6.3 KB, 22 views)
Old 09-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Another fun thing to watch is her hand position during choreographed songs. It will cut between shots, and she'll have a different hand holding the mic, or will be in a different position than she was prior to the cut. I ran in to that when learning the Youpidance for the birthday party - couldn't entirely match her use of the Youpitowel due to the cutting between performances :-P
Old 09-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

You can really tell that there is footage from at least two. There's 2 different looking Lili's in it (to me anyways). The one where she just totally completely glows (looks like she's got glitter... and I think it might be) and then there's the other where there's no "glitter". Her hair's a tad different too

Tu es l'envie du monde
Old 09-07-2007, 02:11 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I've been aware of all these inconsistencies in the production due to different concert's footage from which the DVD was made. But I've never gone looking for them because I satisfy myself with the illusion that it's all taken from one performance... that it's the closest possible thing to actually having been there (well, it is, but I hop you know what I'm getting at).