Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-23-2007, 08:15 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Hmm, this might sound strange but if your only in Paris for that amount of time you might want to skip the Louvre and experience the rest of the city and area, sure most tourists go there but because it is so usually packed with people, especially after the Da Vinci code, you would have to spend most of the day there and you wouldn't see very much. Yes the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo are there but they are very far apart and in the case of the Mona Lisa it is quite small and behind glass, so you can get a better look at it from a high quality gift shop print than the real thing.

Personally when I go to Paris I am going to check out the Musée d'Orsay before the Louvre because of its large Impressionist collection, but only because of a preference of that movement over the Louvre's more classical works. But to go to Paris and not see the palais du Louvre would be unfortunate (although some say without the Tuileries Palace it is architecturally incomplete). But if you must go inside here is a quick guide to help you survive it. http://gofrance.about.com/od/parisat.../ht/louvre.htm

But being jammed in a tourist filled museum all day (and I have a BFA lol) is not how I would want to occupy an entire day when I am only in France for 6. I would plan a 1 to 2 week stay in Paris if I was going to the Louvre, but that's because of the BFA. Anyway hope you have fun on your trip.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
Hmm, this might sound strange but if your only in Paris for that amount of time you might want to skip the Louvre and experience the rest of the city and area, sure most tourists go there but because it is so usually packed with people, especially after the Da Vinci code, you would have to spend most of the day there and you wouldn't see very much. Yes the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo are there but they are very far apart and in the case of the Mona Lisa it is quite small and behind glass, so you can get a better look at it from a high quality gift shop print than the real thing.

Personally when I go to Paris I am going to check out the Musée d'Orsay before the Louvre because of its large Impressionist collection, but only because of a preference of that movement over the Louvre's more classical works. But to go to Paris and not see the palais du Louvre would be unfortunate (although some say without the Tuileries Palace it is architecturally incomplete). But if you must go inside here is a quick guide to help you survive it. http://gofrance.about.com/od/parisat.../ht/louvre.htm

But being jammed in a tourist filled museum all day (and I have a BFA lol) is not how I would want to occupy an entire day when I am only in France for 6. I would plan a 1 to 2 week stay in Paris if I was going to the Louvre, but that's because of the BFA. Anyway hope you have fun on your trip.
Thanks!

I'm not sure whether we're going to go to the Louvre (due to the number of people there) or, as you suggested, go to an alternate, less crowded museum.