Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2011, 09:47 AM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road
Unhappy What Could've Been for Alizee in the U.S.

I know it's crying over spilled milk and hindsight is 20/20, but Alizee could've been huge in the U.S. in the early 2000s. I think Alizee would have been an international star because she alone transcends the language barrier and music genre. You cannot help but love her image, voice, and personality even if you don't understand French or like pop music. I don't think Mylene Farmer even imagined that potential with Alizee, or maybe she felt tackling the big fish in the U.S. was too much to ask from a 16-year old. I have sifted through the music of other contemporary French artists, and I cannot see anyone other than Alizee who could succeed in the U.S. - not Jenifer, not Mylene, not Superbus. There was an anti-French sentiment in the U.S. around 2003 because of their anti-war stance on Iraq. I don't know if that had any effect on Mylene's decision to keep Alizee out of the U.S. Our loss. Even though Alizee is only 26 and far from finished in the music industry, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity in the U.S. that may have passed her.