Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-31-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shintsu View Post
I loved the idea of Alizee as she was a couple years ago, that cute innocent young girl. The music that led me to discover Alizee was Gourmandises and Mes Courants Electriques, and this was the Alizee that I liked. The music that I enjoyed, that I listened to (And still do) so much.
Thats all i had to read. As most of the people that left shortly after Psychedelices, you were probably in love of what Mylene did with Lily.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:15 PM

Vil is on a distinguished road

Wow, she actually dissed her Mylene-era image? That almost sounds...arrogant. (Bear with me!)

I think what most of us don't tend to realize is that, in the music business, EVERYTHING is an image. It's an art. It's entertainment. For her to say her Mylene era image was not her, but a fake: I beg to differ. Sure the taste in clothes may not have been hers, but the dancing and singing was fake? There was nothing fake about her singing or the fact she could dance. People loved this "image" of her.

And where is she now? I suppose enjoying her fame at her level (if this is the goal she set, to still put out music but stay under the radar). But, like her Mylene era image, Psychedelices and now UEDS are also images of her, entertainment.

Why do I say these are "images" of her? Well, because that is how she's projecting herself into the industry. The layers of makeup, the different hairstyles. But the fact is, we don't know anything about the real her, her private life, except what she chooses to say to the public. How do we know the thick makeup was her doing and not at the insistence of her makeup artists for photoshoots/music videos?

I am however, liking her new "mysterious" look. It goes with her aspect of being an older person now. Mylene was her youth, the lolita, the fun girl. Psychedelices--that inbetween moment, her tween stuff, and now a "darker" image. All three images are unique, and whether she says its fake or not, the Mylene image was very much an image of her.

And I get to share Alizee once more with my nerdy gaming friends since they are used to listening to these types of sounds Shameless I know, but I got them into her by posting her videos. Some of them kind of went "wtf?" at her psychedelices performances, but now they're back to "whoa awesome" when I posted Les Collines ;D
Old 03-31-2010, 07:33 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vil View Post
Wow, she actually dissed her Mylene-era image? That almost sounds...arrogant. (Bear with me!)
Whoa. When did this happen? I don't recall her ever talking about her lolita image like that...

Old 03-31-2010, 08:09 PM

Vil is on a distinguished road

Was talking about a post on page 4, where a poster said she effectively "killed" her Loita image. Maybe dissed wasn't the correct word, forgive my English
Old 03-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vil View Post
Was talking about a post on page 4, where a poster said she effectively "killed" her Loita image. Maybe dissed wasn't the correct word, forgive my English
Well in that case..

Killing her lolita image doesn't necessarily reflect her utter dislike for it. The way I take it, it means that she's changed completely out of that image into a new one, rather than that she couldn't stand that image, and tossed it out the window.

But a simple matter of using the wrong word, I understand too.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:35 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Very well put, Vil. Very well. She wouldn't have done it if she didn't like it. I would also like to point out something: honestly, this 'Lolita' image was not made for her. Myléne was looking for a girl to sing it, so obviously it was written before they met Alizée. But, L'Alizé, remember, was written for Alizée. The only reason Alizée was labelled a lolita is because Myléne basically set it up to be that way before they ever even met, intentionally or not. But Alizée was warned of this, and still went with it. She was told the Lolita image would stick in peoples' minds, and obviously it has, just from reading this thread. But then there was J'en Ai Marre ! and J'ai Pas Vingt Ans ! Both these songs must have been written with help from her. I don't know the English translation for JPVA, nor do I want to. But I do know the translation for JEAM. And she at least provided the info for the 'list' on which the song is based. I have no idea what ÀCC is about (kinda sad because it's my favorite song!), but I don't need to in order to love the way she pronounces the words. Or all her songs, for that matter. While the Lolita, Goldfish, and Tinkerbelle are gone, they were still great, and each one probably still lives in her somewhere. One day, Edie will be gone, and whatever new Alizée type replaces it will be just as great, I hope.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:46 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

As another older bloke on the forum i have to disagree with the thought that there is something creepy about it? Why?
Do i find Alizee attractive? Oh Yes?
I hope that when i'm 90 i'm still finding young girls attractive. There would be something seriously wrong if i wasn't. That dosen't make me (or any of the other older guys) some sort of paedophile. It's just being human.
The first Alizee song i ever heard was Moi...and yes i thought she was really cute in the video but it was a combination of this and the song that led me to discover more about her and to eventually admit that i was a fan.
My love for Czech pop star Ewa Farna is the same. She is only 16 years old and i have been accused of many many things (none of which are true) for starting a fan site for her.
As you get older it's really good and surprising to discover something new and exciting, whether it be in music or anything else.
Should i deny myself the enjoyment of Alizee or Ewa because i'm 46 and society thinks that that's not something someone of my age should do?
Absolutely not.