Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I totally agree with Puffyrock, I still need the physical product. The solid CD. You can read the lyrics & notes, look at pics, maybe there's a foldout poster. Besides, in the past, I'd lost a lot of mp3 files from hard drive death.

Or vinyl, it's been making a comeback, right? Anybody else here collect LP's besides me? I've got about 1000, some guys I know have 2-4000 or more. Vinyl, anyone?

Heyyyy, should they maybe do a 12" version of the new record coming out?

Oh yeah, re: Beatles. Lotsa rights issues to work out before anything could ever be online there-- mostly because there are so many owners of the Beatles catalog. Including the Michael Jackson estate. It may take several decades, I think.
I have a couple turntables and maybe 200 or so LP's, but i'm much more of a CD person. Vinyl can sound fantastic, but you have to have top quality gear.

As far as the rights to the Beatles catalogue, Michael Jackson did own a chunk of the rights to the songs but Paul McCartney got them back after MJ died.

Oh....and my sets have arrived. I'll take a picture for you when i get home. Just becuase.

Last edited by puffyrock2; 09-09-2009 at 04:19 PM..