Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2009, 12:44 AM

LadyCameronXIII is on a distinguished road
Default Mademoiselle Reznor - A Mashup of Alizée vs. Nine Inch Nails

What happens when you watch a video/hear a song enough times that something just clicks inside of you, prompting you to action? Mes amis, this is what happens...

I came across "Mademoiselle Juliette" on YouTube one day and, like everything else Alizée so far, I found myself falling for the song.

My first thought upon hearing the song--then listening to it again and again again--was, "This needs more guitar; it's not hard enough in the chorus."*

After a while, however, something had, indeed, clicked in my mind: The dance sequence.

I don't know how or why, but at that moment, I noticed that said sequence matched up with a specific section of music from a completely different part of the musical spectrum: The synth solo found in "The Hand That Feeds" by Nine Inch Nails.

A few months later, with the help of Audacity 1.3.7 beta, the multi-track files of "THTF" from the NIN website, and an .mp3 of the a capella track of "MJ," I was able to give birth to this idea of mine.

Madames et monsieurs, I give you "Mademoiselle Reznor," Alizée vs. Nine Inch Nails (and possibly the only mashup of Alizée vs. x around, as far as I know):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vxd0gz...lle Reznor.mp3

Let me know what you guys think! Bonne ecoute !

*My music tastes tend to run dark, and though I may have become more mellow in my age, well, I'm still a goth at heart... or something.