Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-23-2009, 05:42 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
There are two questions a man must ask himself-1. Where am I going 2. Who's going with me. When a man gets these questions backwards is when what you describe happens. Kind of the difference between pulling a rope or trying to push one. If a man is detered by a woman coming in his life he has already lost. Let the emasculation games begin.
Nicely put, however...
I think the problem has also to do with changes and distractions in society. I was listening to some psychology program and they put it well - you need to match your number. That is, people have a self rating and a rating of others. People who are 5s should get together with another 5, but everyone wants a number or two higher and always fantasizes about the 10s - tempted by Alizée, etc. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Furthermore, we often have the opportunity to experience or see the seeming availability of a better life somewhere else. It is difficult to become resigned to a particular kind of life. Yeah, it's great to live a life of adventure, but most of us won't anyway, aren't energetic or talented enough to do that and it is not conducive to setting down stakes and building a life in one place with one person. It used to be that men and women needed each other. We seem to be under the impression that needing someone is a bad thing when in fact it's the only real thing that keeps people together usually, once time passes and people change, if they have a choice.

For an amusing commentary on the state of "men", check this out:
Attractive girls union refuses to enter into talks with Mike Greenman

Oh, and in a related story, I think this is similar to what has happened to many Alizée supporters:
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...uses_obsessive

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 09-23-2009 at 05:47 AM..
Old 09-23-2009, 08:50 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

why are less and less men getting married? it is because more and more women are finding out that they do not need them.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
why are less and less men getting married? it is because more and more women are finding out that they do not need them.
mmm.. ya hinting at lesbians?!

in that case, one word:

hawt.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:55 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Well, not to agree with body wax and overt care of oneself.
But as a self-proclaimed metrosexual I must say I do adore having nice skin, nice hair, and an overall clean feel.
METROSEXUAL Does that mean you will only have sex inside the city limits? lol!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:07 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
METROSEXUAL Does that mean you will only have sex inside the city limits? lol!
Psh, I love you. Lol.
No it just means i'm a straight male that has some form of femininity and masculinity as well.

Think David Beckham. Lol.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:13 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Karla you are awfully young to be so bitter! Tell me who broke your heart and I will hunt them down like a dog! lol! Now we are distracted and the male bonding came to a halt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Psh, I love you. Lol.
No it just means i'm a straight male that has some form of femininity and masculinity as well.

Think David Beckham. Lol.
I thought that was unisexed lol!D

Last edited by pepelepew; 09-24-2009 at 02:16 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-24-2009, 03:53 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
sad state of things, but you are right in many cases. it has more to do with the lack of communities and the resultant "bubble' that people live in. You don't even need stores any more, you can get stuff on line. Also I hear more and more people don't like going to movie theater because they "hate crowds".. which is a scary symptom. I luv the audience experience in movie theaters... and for folks to say that they rather sit at home seems a bit cynical.

Whats even more alarming is that there seems to be an anger that is manifesting from this "individualism". The lack of personal contact results in a level of frustration in people that they don't realize and it manifest in many ways like over working to just plain unfocused anger.

Whats really painful to watch is some women either directly or indirecting deciding to become single moms... just because they are financially capable, doesn't mean its the best thing for the child.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:33 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
sad state of things, but you are right in many cases. it has more to do with the lack of communities and the resultant "bubble' that people live in. You don't even need stores any more, you can get stuff on line. Also I hear more and more people don't like going to movie theater because they "hate crowds".. which is a scary symptom. I luv the audience experience in movie theaters... and for folks to say that they rather sit at home seems a bit cynical.

Whats even more alarming is that there seems to be an anger that is manifesting from this "individualism". The lack of personal contact results in a level of frustration in people that they don't realize and it manifest in many ways like over working to just plain unfocused anger.

Whats really painful to watch is some women either directly or indirecting deciding to become single moms... just because they are financially capable, doesn't mean its the best thing for the child.
A nice summary.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:50 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Karla you are awfully young to be so bitter! Tell me who broke your heart and I will hunt them down like a dog! lol! Now we are distracted and the male bonding came to a halt.
lol i am not bitter at all. someday i would love to be married and have many children. many of my gf have told me how they want to be married but their men do not. of course the same girls are living with their men. i tell them, 'you live together, you cook, clean, do laundry and have sex. tell me one thing you can offer him in marriage that he is not getting right now.'

i believe that the man is the backbone of the relationship. so i want to support my man. i do not want that backbone to break. i want to be the best wife i can be. i want to be the one who has dinner ready when my husband comes home. give him back rubs and hugs or what ever else he wants.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
lol i am not bitter at all. someday i would love to be married and have many children. many of my gf have told me how they want to be married but their men do not. of course the same girls are living with their men. i tell them, 'you live together, you cook, clean, do laundry and have sex. tell me one thing you can offer him in marriage that he is not getting right now.'

i believe that the man is the backbone of the relationship. so i want to support my man. i do not want that backbone to break. i want to be the best wife i can be. i want to be the one who has dinner ready when my husband comes home. give him back rubs and hugs or what ever else he wants.
I like both to be equal backbones. I mean why have one pillar to balance a roof when you can have two?
In that case my metro-edge says i'd like to take care of kids sometime, see their games, cook food (I love cooking), and other things deemed "motherly" by the norm of society.

Also, women have the power usually, but when they leave an opening the men steer in to get an unhealthy dominance.
Women have to reserve themselves JUST ENOUGH to make the men still under their hand. Relationships should have a gradual build as well, I mean getting into a relationship where you get the whole package in one day, that's killjoy.