Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Sous le charme d'Alizée

Tupuz is on a distinguished road
Default The translation and interpretations

Thanks Toc de Mac, Deepwaters, Criss_pl, Roman and others for excellent job in translations! Now I think we have got the words right.

The deeper message of the song is still open, but I believe docdtv is on the right track here: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...&postcount=100. His explanations make sense to me and so many details support that. This song really has a lot more depth than we could imagine at the first hearing.

I love this song!!! I have thought that nothing could beat those lovely tunes of Gourmandises, MCE or even Psychédélices, but I was wrong. These two pieces from the new album show that we will have an exteremely good springtime ahead!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:11 AM

AceTone is on a distinguished road

The repetition can be a good thing,
The secret to the Black Eyed Peas' success
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Red face Can we do-do-do-do it again? Viral Marketing, Part Deux.

Hello again, ladies and gentlemen of the forum.

It's come to my attention that our contributions to the website "Charts In France" have caught their attention. And actually surprised a number of froggy folks there. And so I'd like to thank everyone so far. Hey, thanks, everyone! So Far!

It's also made me realize that we're now helping Alizée's nefarious plans (to take over the world, of course) in a very real way. We're playing a part in a viral marketing experiment! More importantly, the experiment seems to be working...

But it's not over yet - no siree, not by a longshot. And the question's been asked: "can we do it again?" But I wasn't sure. Can anybody here do it again, for Alizée?

TO GET TO THE POINT, ALREADY... (!)
The same website, ChartsInFrance.net, has now (on wed.) put up the exact same type of page for the new single, "Les Collines". So once again, we should try to weigh in on this. Let em know over there that we're listening in over here. I added the links onto my sig, so now you just have to click below and there you go!

If you didn't hear all this before (or didn't go comment about "Limelight" yet), it's never too late. Just click below, then when you're on the ChartsInFrance page, scroll down, down, and down. There you'll see the comments posted about the song you've chosen. Below those is the button marked "Ajouter un Commentaire", (which means "add a comment"). Click that, and you're off! No fees, no signups, you don't even hafta leave your name or e-mail or anything. ALSO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW OR WRITE IN FRENCH. In fact, the point IS to let 'em know we're American. And that we're paying attention from way over here.

Just keep it short and sweet, that's the main thing. You can leave a name if you want, mention AlizéeAmerica.com if so desired, and you can write it all in English, or Spanish, or Swahili if you prefer. So don't be afraid. They're way more scared of us, anyway.

Again, thanks to those who posted comments about "Limelight" already. And thanks in advance for doing it for "Les Collines". Hey, you're part of TeamAlizée now! Give yourselves all a big hand!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:42 AM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
Random and off track, but PDH i just have to ask, who is that girl as your avatar? I always wanted to ask just cuz I dunno.
C'est Mademoiselle Alizée! Or Her Grace and Beauty, whichever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
<i>Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
Or what's a heaven for?</i>
- <a href="http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Robert_Browning#Men_and_Women_.281855.29">Robert Browning (1812–1889), <i>Men and Women</i> (1855)</a>
Yes, so true...
Old 02-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

soo after 2days of sippin syrup i finally took some time out to listen... iactually like this song alot... love the breakbeats.. it definitely has some tech house vibes and trancey melodies which is always good for me....

---------------------------------------------------

Old 02-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

finally actually listened to the song...it is official...drums kill me. plain & simple. i love 'em. drumsdrumsdrumsdrums! hence why i liked "mon maquis" so much, lol. drums...
Old 02-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss_pl View Post
C'est Mademoiselle Alizée! Or Her Grace and Beauty, whichever you want.
No way. Then what picture was it from and when was it? I thought it was his wife or something so I didn't want to say, "Who's that really hot chick as your avatar?" hahaha

Oh and don't worry chuck I let them know what I think about both songs over on ChartsinFrance.com. I told em' to come over here and join us if they would like haha
Old 02-18-2010, 05:04 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hello again, ladies and gentlemen of the forum.

It's come to my attention that our contributions to the website "Charts In France" have caught their attention. And actually surprised a number of froggy folks there. And so I'd like to thank everyone so far. Hey, thanks, everyone! So Far!

It's also made me realize that we're now helping Alizée's nefarious plans (to take over the world, of course) in a very real way. We're playing a part in a viral marketing experiment! More importantly, the experiment seems to be working...

But it's not over yet - no siree, not by a longshot. And the question's been asked: "can we do it again?" But I wasn't sure. Can anybody here do it again, for Alizée?

TO GET TO THE POINT, ALREADY... (!)
The same website, ChartsInFrance.net, has now (on wed.) put up the exact same type of page for the new single, "Les Collines". So once again, we should try to weigh in on this. Let em know over there that we're listening in over here. I added the links onto my sig, so now you just have to click below and there you go!

If you didn't hear all this before (or didn't go comment about "Limelight" yet), it's never too late. Just click below, then when you're on the ChartsInFrance page, scroll down, down, and down. There you'll see the comments posted about the song you've chosen. Below those is the button marked "Ajouter un Commentaire", (which means "add a comment"). Click that, and you're off! No fees, no signups, you don't even hafta leave your name or e-mail or anything. ALSO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW OR WRITE IN FRENCH. In fact, the point IS to let 'em know we're American. And that we're paying attention from way over here.

Just keep it short and sweet, that's the main thing. You can leave a name if you want, mention AlizéeAmerica.com if so desired, and you can write it all in English, or Spanish, or Swahili if you prefer. So don't be afraid. They're way more scared of us, anyway.

Again, thanks to those who posted comments about "Limelight" already. And thanks in advance for doing it for "Les Collines". Hey, you're part of TeamAlizée now! Give yourselves all a big hand!
Hi Chuck, finally i know the truth about you: You are not really american but a french fan in disguise!

Those frenchies really have no idea!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
No way
Actually, way. Click the pic to enlarge.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Actually, way. Click the pic to enlarge.
WOH!!! I think I saw a pic of this at some point but it was from a bad angle. She looks great right there; perfect Gourmandises hair, she looks like she is 23 and smokin' haha, and she has the best smile on.