Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I completely understand Alizee's reasons for not wanting to deal with the American music industry and media. It would be nice, however, during the promotion of here third album if she could sorta give a shout out to all of her American fans.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I completely understand Alizee's reasons for not wanting to deal with the American music industry and media. It would be nice, however, during the promotion of here third album if she could sorta give a shout out to all of her American fans.
But are there enough American fans to get her attention?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

!!! MAYBE IF WE TYPE REALLY BIG SHE WILL HEAR US !!!

...or just seem incredibly annoying
Old 12-20-2006, 06:17 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya8617 View Post
But are there enough American fans to get her attention?
I'm afraid it's not a lot. A few thousands at best. Should be her main concern before not being interested.

Edit: wow my 900th post already

Last edited by aFrenchie; 12-20-2006 at 06:19 PM..
Old 12-20-2006, 07:35 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
I'm afraid it's not a lot. A few thousands at best.
aFrenchie that is a frightening observation, a few thousand? omg.. I mean if you are right about that, then the united states has very bad taste or just is still not informed about Alizée

I would like to think that Alizée has at least a million fans here in america. Anyone else think I am waaay off on that?
Old 12-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
I would like to think that Alizée has at least a million fans here in america. Anyone else think I am waaay off on that?
That would be waaay off I'm afraid...

If it were that big, you guys (and me) wouldn't have to resort to e-baying or shipping her merchandise over from overseas.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:15 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
aFrenchie that is a frightening observation, a few thousand? omg.. I mean if you are right about that, then the united states has very bad taste or just is still not informed about Alizée

1 Million? Wow. Hell no.

Maybe 500 000 (maybe!) have heard of her, almost entirely due to WoW, and probably a fan amount in the tens of thousands.. And that's being generous.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I don't mind so much about there not being a throng of Alizee fans in the United States. She has enuogh popularity around the world for her to be well-paid and for her to know how amazing she is. There are lines from the movie "As Good As It Gets" that I think some up my feelings on the matter pretty well:

"I might be the only person on the face of the Earth that knows you're the greatest woman on Earth. I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do... in every single thought that you have and how you say what you mean and how you almost mean something that's all about being straight and good. I think most people miss that about you. And I watch them wondering how they can watch you... and never get that they just met the greatest woman alive. And the fact that I get it makes me feel good, about me."

Now I'm not trying to be so arrogant as to claim to be the greatest Alizee fan of all time... I sincerely hope that that is Jeremy. Still, being one of a few Americans that knows about, and fully appreciates, Alizee makes me feel good about me.

I'm fully content with the notion that the only Americans that really know about her are the kind of people we have here that can fully appreciate Alizee. I think the great majority of Americans are consumers who may be enticed to pay attention for a short time but then be distracted by the next Brittany Spears or American Idol to come along and discard Alizee as easily as they picked her up. Alizee deserves better than that. I fully support speading the word about Alizee in the Americas to seek out new true fans and having a place like this to come together (I tell people about Alizee all the time now). But I think mass-marketting Alizee in the United States would be a waste of material, pearls before swine as it were... and I think Alizee kinda knows that too and that has played in her decision to not market herself here. She has enough fans worldwide to be successful and happy, she doesn't need everything that comes with the American media and marketing gurus just to make a few million dollars more.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

I don't know what to say at this particular juncture.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:23 AM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
Maybe 500 000 (maybe!) have heard of her, almost entirely due to WoW, and probably a fan amount in the tens of thousands.. And that's being generous.
Even you are generous. 500 000 is unthinkable. And even if it was in the ten of thousands "only", there would be way more people in this forum instead of 795. Still, you must remove maybe half of that for spammers and a few others for non American members here. That makes around 300/400 for this forum. I couldn't imagine even only 10 or 20 thousands total fans in America...

Last edited by aFrenchie; 12-21-2006 at 07:28 AM..