Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-14-2007, 04:22 PM

blueskyy is on a distinguished road
Default discussion thread on the movie Amelie

I'm sure there are quite a few people here who have seen Amelie, since it is Alizee's favorite movie. So maybe we can discuss a few things. Some things that I'm a little confused on are why Amelie decides to start helping others. She decides to do it after she finds the box, but before she actually gives it to the guy and sees his reaction. So did she decide to do it because it might help her find a purpose in her own life, or was it because of the Princess Di event that happened at the same time? And what is the significance of the Princess Di theme that is so prominent in the movie?
Any thoughts or other questions you all have?
Old 01-14-2007, 05:31 PM

zpa is on a distinguished road

I saw the movie for the first time about a month ago on TV. I've never been into films of that genre, so I didn't expect much. But to my surprise, I really liked it I find it very touching I'd have to see it again to form an opinion on the question, but I think the Di event was like the last straw that set it off?
BTW, do you say "last straw"? Dunno the correct expression for it
Old 01-14-2007, 05:36 PM

blueskyy is on a distinguished road

yes "last straw" is the correct expression.

Yah, I guess that might be right. Perhaps Amelie thought that her own life might end and she should do something worthwhile.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:40 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

I probably saw the movie in 2001 (when it was released) so I have little memory of it now. Except that Audrey Tautou was cute of course
Old 01-14-2007, 05:42 PM
JPVA lover

Le Parrain is on a distinguished road

i seen it like 4-5 times and i still cant answer your question lol.
all i know was that she was very lonely and she wanted to help people. and i still do not see what the princess di thing had to do with any part of the movie. well except the part where she said "petition to canonize lady di".

^ THE WAIT IS OVER!!! ^
Old 01-14-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

bah I need to rent it or buy it
Old 01-14-2007, 09:30 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I hijacked it off of the internet.

I don't think that it's necessarily her favourite movie. Even if it was her favourite (not just one that she liked), that was years ago.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be still her favorites (notice plural... people usually don't have just one favorite movie. And even in Lili's case we know at least two of them...)

Favorites don't usually change during the years that much. Of course you can find new ones but the old ones stays. (Unless you really grow out of them, like if they were some kiddie movies from the past.)

So, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it as her favorite movie even nowadays.

It's still my favorite, too. And I saw it back in 2001 in movie theater. Before I had even heard about Lili ! It was actually quite nice to find out that she like it, too.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:12 AM
JPVA lover

Le Parrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be still her favorites (notice plural... people usually don't have just one favorite movie. And even in Lili's case we know at least two of them...)

Favorites don't usually change during the years that much. Of course you can find new ones but the old ones stays. (Unless you really grow out of them, like if they were some kiddie movies from the past.)

So, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it as her favorite movie even nowadays.

It's still my favorite, too. And I saw it back in 2001 in movie theater. Before I had even heard about Lili ! It was actually quite nice to find out that she like it, too.
yea my favorite hasnt changed. The Godfather has been my favorite movie ever since.....ehh 2003

and with the Amelie movie, where do you live? i dont remember that movie ever coming out to theaters here in california.

^ THE WAIT IS OVER!!! ^

Last edited by Le Parrain; 01-15-2007 at 03:23 AM..
Old 01-15-2007, 03:23 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Parrain View Post
and with the Amelie movie, where do you live? i dont remember that movie ever coming out to theaters here in california.
Finland .